MLS Real Estate Listings
For Sale Townhomes in The Meadows Castle Rock CO
All Properties Shown are Available Now – No Solds or Under Contract
The content relating to real estate for sale in this Web site comes in part from the Internet Data eXchange ("IDX") program of METROLIST, INC., DBA RECOLORADO® Real estate listings held by brokers other than Castle Rock | Real Estate For Sale in The Meadows are marked with the IDX Logo. This information is being provided for the consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any other purpose. All information subject to change and should be independently verified. Full IDX Disclaimer. DMCA.
Morgan’s Run Townhomes in The Meadows
At the moment, there is only one finished townhome complex in The Meadows. It is called Morgan’s Run and it’s located next to Paintbrush Park. Next to PaintBrush Park is The Grange. Talk about location! However, Lokal Homes is in the process of building a second townhouse complex and those are shown below the Morgan’s Run Townhomes.
The New Forty on Meadows Townhomes by Lokal Homes
A local builder, called Lokal Homes, just started building a 2nd town home complex in The Meadows. It is called Forty on Meadows. No units are move-in ready as of today. They are 4-7 months out until finished. However, you can purchase them now to reserve your townhouse.Buyers should NEVER try to negotiate with builders without an experienced Realtor. I was a CEO for numerous constructions companies before I was a Realtor. I know what goes on behind the scenes. Remember, a buyer in Colorado does not pay any fees associated with retaining a real estate agent. It costs you nothing to hire the best!
Buyers Main Concerns with Builder Transactions
- Earnest Money may not be refundable depending upon the circumstances.
- Quality inspections are essential since no one has ever tested the usability of the home.
- Builders use their own internal contracts & procedures. They do not follow standard Colorado real estate contracts & procedures.
- Builders pay Buyer Agent fees and allocate funds for you to be represented with every property.
- Builders will not lower the sale price, if a Buyer is not represented. They pocket the funds as additional profit.
Townhomes in The Meadows for First Time Home Buyers
“We are buying a house!” Well lucky you, because there are still townhomes available in The Meadows that first time home buyers and others can choose from. However, will a townhome be enough? Let’s find out.
- Lifestyle Check – Whether you are a young professional or a young couple, it is important that the type of home you purchase will reflect the way of life that you are comfortable with. Living in a fixer-upper single family home can be a huge drain on your finances and a stressful living environment. On the other hand, living in a townhouse that is already in good shape will not only be a stress-free environment, but will allow you to financially continue your social life and also allow you and your family to participate in local recreational opportunities such as snow skiing, biking, hiking, outdoor events, weekends in the mountains, etc.
- Don’t Break the Bank – Consider not only the amount of loan the lender will allow, but also what you feel confident to spend every month for amortization, association fees, utilities, etc. You may be surprised that the cost of buying does not stop at just the purchase price of the home. In addition, consider having your friends or parents go in on the loan with you, if you cannot qualify for a loan on your income alone.
- Location, Location, Location – Often this is a deciding factor in purchasing a townhome because most prefer to be near the action, which means a short distance to work, shopping, restaurants, schools, transportation, etc. Sometimes location is given higher priority than having a bigger yard, which makes sense, especially if the townhome is in a prime location such as The Meadows.
- To Fix or Not To Fix – First time homebuyers may have limited time, money or skills to have a much larger home that may require a lot of work. Since it’s important to keep the house in good condition for possible resale in the future, a townhome would be better than a run-down single family home that requires a lot of initial repairs and ongoing maintenance. With townhomes, some HOAs cover various maintenance and repairs. So, buy a good floor plan (usable) with nice upgrades and spend more money on that unit at a low interest rate versus a run-down property at a low price, which saves only a few dollars on your mortgage.
- More for Your Money – Interest rates continue to hover at all-time low levels. If rates rise to conventional levels, payments and deals at this amount will not be an option any more. If you’re a first time home buyer, purchasing a townhome in The Meadows is great way to get your foot in the door and build up equity without the burden of repairs that accompany single family homes selling at the same price. Plus, you’ll be able to enjoy your upgraded kitchen and baths, instead of stressing over how you will afford to do the work required in a fixer upper.
Buying a home can be overwhelming, that is why it is important to work with a top Real Estate Agent in Castle Rock, CO to guide you throughout the process. Buyers should always find a competent, seasoned, specialized professional who they like, trust and who has been recommended by others to help guide them through any complex financial transaction like real estate.
Happy Townhouse Hunting!